Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucas4bi
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

IE Plugin Loads work on Client instead of Server

Hello Everyone,

i'm experiencing some trouble in an application distributed to various users in a large company. (this means that OS and Browser Versions may vary from user to user).

This application needs to export some graphs and tables in a PowerPoint Sheet, so a macro has been set up to do the job.

Problem is we need to export a Scatter Chart that draws thousands of points, which works good as long as we use the client version on the Qlikview Server to develop the application (since the server has a good hardware configuration to take up all the needed load), but it seems like the local client machine takes the load of all the calculation and runs out of memory when we run the macro via IE Plugin.

From task manager (client machine) we see internet explorer process increasing memory usage quickly after we try to calculate that graph. This doesn't happen if we open the application using the AJAX client, the graph is calculated correctly and we can see it, but the problem with AJAX is that it doesn't let us run the macro to export to PPT.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Why does IE Plugin behave like that?

Tried on QV Server 11.20 SR1 and also SR6

Thanks in advance,

Luca

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Luca,

There isn't much you can do here other than reduce then amount of data or added more memory to the client desktops.

Ajax calculations are done server side and Plugin Client side.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
lucas4bi
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi bill, thanks for the answer.

I guess i'll be stuck here then, it's going to be hard to get multiple pc upgraded with new memory, and as i see there is no way to make Ajax open a PowerPoint application via Macro

Thanks anyway