Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Direct Discovery auto refresh data on Access Point

Dear Community,

Using this Direct Discovery, is there any way to update the data automatically without user interaction (instead of making selection on listbox)?

Currently we have Online Dashboard with continuously job scheduled on Qlikview Server where the document is set to 'Enable Push from Server', this is works (auto update without user interaction), though only by using IE Plugin to open from Access Point.

As the online data increasing (especially by end month), the continuous job scheduled takes longer and will significantly overload the server memory.

Is Direct Discovery can be the answer to solve our problem ? (reduce server load, and auto update without user interfacing?)

Please anyone can share your best practice using this new feature, thank you.

Regards,

Alex

4 Replies
SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Alex,

I think you are looking for something like this

Real-time analysis of new incoming transactions with DD

Regards,

Sergey

Regards,
Sergey
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sergey,

Actually those are my next question, how to refresh if new record on direct dimension coming i.e.:  new transaction_id, new customer_id, etc.? and you already share me the work around solution , very tricky by guessing the next coming id.

But seems it still need user interaction by clicking the button to refresh the data.

Further question is, as DD only join using single common key field,

is it possible to concatenate load with qvd ? says Load history Sales from qvd and concatenate with online DD table, with the same measurement field Sales_Value ? (currently we use this approach both history and online from qvd load)

Regards,

Alex

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

From what I know about DD, I think the concatenation of your qvd and DD is not possible. I think you will have to get all your data from DD table. If you need you can have history in a separate db table and concatenate the history data and actual transactional table in a view, which you will use as DD table for qlikview

Regards,
Sergey
Not applicable
Author

It means all the facts data table or view must be loaded as DD (and only dimension table from qvd),

doing this way, means we must rebuild all the report, and unfortunately will lack capability for Session Access and Set Analysis.

Still not gain the real benefit to use DD for our business case.

In our case, if only online data to be loaded as qvd, it is no significant performance compare to DD,

additionally the qvd load can be autorefresh push from server.

So back to my first question, can the DD being updated automatically without user interaction ?