Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Missing QVS files - plugin_functions.asp & install.inc

Installed QlikView Server 9.0.7320.7 x64 on Windows 2003 X64

Our users are using QV IE plugin for accessing QV documents. The ASP page has below 2 lines -

<!-- #include virtual="/QvPlugin/plugin_settings.asp" -->
<!-- #include virtual="/QvPlugin/install.inc" -->

It seems that QVS 9 does not have plugin_functions.asp and install.inc files inside QlikView\Server\QvClients\QvPlugin directory. I had to manually copy these 2 files from older QlikView installation. And then was able to access QV document via ASP.

Did anyone face this issue?

3 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I am guessing that you had an older version running on IIS and that you have now upgraded to 9 and found that all does not work, is that correct?

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I had IIS installed prior to QVS 9 installation..

During QVS installation process, I selected to install all IIS related components (without this step, QVS does not seem to create virtual directories in IIS)

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Unless IIS is absolutely mandatory at your site then I would recommend that you do not use it.

You need to have the QlikView web server service running anyway (because it takes care of AccessPoint) so why not use it as your web service. Just stop IIS and you should find that QlikView will be working.

If you absolutely must use IIS then see this post: http://www.quickqlearqool.nl/?p=1012 and the comments that follow it.

Regards,

Stephen