Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Consume data from Qlik with a REST Service

Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to get data from Qlik over a REST service? I am not sure if it is possible and I do not know what keyword I should use for the search. Most result I find are about pulling data from REST services to insert them into Qlik. Are there any documentation?

We are intending to build a mobile application, which does something completely different than Qlikview provides. However we need the data ouput of Qlik.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Khoa,

this would be a great feature for QlikView 11 but doesn't exists. There will be some new APIs coming with QlikView.next in that area..

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

QVSource can get data from rest sources. See this discussion: Re: Pulling Data from REST APIs (XML/JSON)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Khoa,

this would be a great feature for QlikView 11 but doesn't exists. There will be some new APIs coming with QlikView.next in that area..

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
rbecher
MVP
MVP

..consume data FROM QlikView

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ah, my mistake. I misread the question.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

You can't get it from REST, but you could get the data with the v11 API using GetObject.  Not ideal, but could be a workaround until QlikView.Next comes out.

doc.GetObject('ObjectID', function() {

var data = this.Data.rows;

});

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Is this working outside of an extension?

Astrato.io Head of R&D
varunqvmm
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dear Rbecher,

Can we consume data from QlikView with a REST Service  in QlikView 12 ? 

And i would be pleased if you can help me understand how the data sources are connected (link between data source and sheets )to the sheets in QVW document.(For Example :Suppose a csv file data is used in sheet 1 and database query information is used in sheet 2 ,i want this linkage).

Is there any Java API or any other export file from QlikView that can give me a solution.

Thanks ,

Varun