Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Several csv files into separate sheets

How do I import a .xls file per sheet?

For example, I have one .xls file that I have working for one sheet. I have a separate .xls file that I would like to import for another sheet. How do I do that so that both sheets aren't using the same .xls files?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

To my knowledge, the easiest thing for you to do is to rename the fields in your data sets so that each field has a unique name.  Otherwise you'll run into issues with a synthetic table between the two files you load in.  Then, you can change any field names that display in your dashboard to fit your needs

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

So you're trying to make it so that one file you import will be data for one sheet in your qvw, and the second file will be data for a second sheet in your qvw?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Robert,

Exactly!

Not applicable
Author

Would it be possible for you to just import the two tables and only reference them in their respective sheet?  Or is the problem that they are data sets with similar fields?

Not applicable
Author

They have data sets with similar fields.

Not applicable
Author

To my knowledge, the easiest thing for you to do is to rename the fields in your data sets so that each field has a unique name.  Otherwise you'll run into issues with a synthetic table between the two files you load in.  Then, you can change any field names that display in your dashboard to fit your needs

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Robert for the help. I will do that.

Not applicable
Author

No problem, good luck