Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III

Reports with objects that have conditionnal show

Hi,

I have a report that contains 2 objects: 1 without a conditionnal show and one with a conditionnal show. I have a button that prints said report. Works like a dandy in desktop versions, but once I get in the AJAX client on the web, troubles...

I can launch a print when the condition is met on that "conditionnal object", but if the condition is not met, the whole report just does not launch.

Does anyone have an idea on the reason for this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Here was my solution:

I craated in deed two reports.

I used the same button to launch but put in the Report value to be launched an if(certain condition, then launch this report, else that report)

Worked great.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable

Check this out, maybe it'll give you some insight:

Cannot see certain objects in AJAX

Not applicable

Hi,

Have you tried using Internet Explorer PlugIn?... if i understand you have a button, set a variable and show object 1 or object 2 but in AJX doesn´t works... to make sure share (if its possible) your qvw.

best regards.

sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Robert,
unfortunatly the two issues tackled in this thread are with minimised objects, in my case it is a question of objects that are not "shown" because a condition is not met in the conditional show bar of the layout tab.

sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Oswaldo,

no I am not opened to using IE plugin, unfortunatly.

No variables are used, simply the action in a button launches a "print report" action, and I specified my Report ID.

I unfortunatly cannot share the QVW file atm.

Not applicable

Hi Simon,

OK ... please try enter in your access point (browser doesen't matter)  and when you find your app clck in label view details and select Internet Explorer Plug In

Best regardsopenUsingIEplugIn.png

sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Like I said though, we will NOT be using IE plugin.

sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Any takers?

ie... shameless bump

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a rule, if I use reports (not often), I create objects for the reports on a separate sheet.  Hence, no such problem.

sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Here was my solution:

I craated in deed two reports.

I used the same button to launch but put in the Report value to be launched an if(certain condition, then launch this report, else that report)

Worked great.