Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Visual Effects on the IE plugin

Hi to all you!

I got this problem. In the desktop (9.00 SR2) version, whenever i move the mouse cursor over a graph (ex.: lines) there is a visual effect that highlights the line i´m over (makes it thicker). However, when i´m using the same qvw, but this time on the IE plugin, those visual effects just aren´t shown. The chart stays still, instead of highlighting and making it thicker. I checked the Qlikview server version and it is the same version as the desktop version (which i´m using to develop my qvw). Do you have any ideas on what´s happening? thanks!

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have updated my qlikview to newest version (9.00 SR3 7440).

With the plugin I have the same problem.

I have no idea what is wrong.

Is this a bug in qlikview IE plugin?

Nobody has an idea how this function works correct?

Jochen

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

This sounds like a bug, because there is nowhere to configure this setting. Please report it to support@qlik.com

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have found a solution.

I think problem is that the object was created in an old version of qlikview.

With updating some fileds in the diagramm qlikview is saving the object with new version and then the highlights function works also in IE plugin.

Jochen

Not applicable
Author

Hello.

Thanks for replying. I didn´t understand. Which fields should i update? Or u mean I need to erase my charts and redo them from scratch in the new version?

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

the solution do not really work correct.

I think the problem is that the highlight function is only working correct on the register that was open when document was saved with qlikview client. On all other registers the highligths function with plugin does not work.

What should I do? Any ideas? Should I send a mail to support?

Jochen

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

we experience the same problem. We use an expression in the "Help text" (shown under the caption tab of the Object properties), to show an external pre-defined help text for some Objects.

On the Qlikview server (v8.5) or in a local Qlikview standalone client, this works fine. However, when we access the qlikview document using the Qlikview Plugin in Internet Explorer (v8.0) no help text is shown (except the minus sign "-"), all other help texts which are 'hard' defined (so plain text and no use of an expression in those objects) are shown correctly.

Please advice!

Many thanks,

Edwin

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have created a support task with qlikview.

In one of the next versions qlikview will fix this bus.

Many thanks for your help

Jochen

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jochen,

thanks for creating a support task as many of us seem to have this problem.

Can you give us the ticket number, so that we can watch the follow-up of this problem in future release(s)?

Thanks again,

Edwin

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

qlikview have created the ticket number00022061.

I hope this information will help you.

Jochen