Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Public Access on the Internet

Hi

Anybody knows if it is possible to publish a .qvw document for public on the internet? If so, what would be the license that I've to acquire?

Thanks in advance.

TMF

16 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I'm not 100% sure but I would think Extranet server is its own entity - doesn't need EE or SBE etc. You just need the Extranet server and as many Extranet Server Concurrent licences as you require.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So it could work with Small Business Edition (SBE) and we dont need to have Enterprise Edition (EE)?

Thanks.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

It's not a case of "working with". To develop a full-blown QV application you don't need SBE, EE or anything - just a desktop client (even the personal edition).  Server licences are only required when you want to distribute access to the applications.  In this regard, SBE, EE and Extranet Server are all the same family. You choose a server licence based upon how you intend to distribute applications.

Again however - check with your QV account manager. I may be wrong...I have never used Extranet Server.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

No problem. Let us know here if you get anything different from the Qlik guys. In the meantime please mark a correct answer to close the thread.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

Those are two different type of QlikView servers.  Each having their own restrictions of use. The Link that ASHFAQ gave does explain the different in servers. So, if you are going to serve inside users and outside users you will need Enterprise server.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You need to go with EE with session cals.

Its good idea to contact your Account Manager.

He will allocate some consultant with you who can determine what exactly you need.

hope it helped.

Regards

ASHFAQ