Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Request for better handling of external links in blog posts

Dear community admins, dear Sara Leslie,

if we link to an external ressource / URL in our blog posts, there is still moderation required to approve the post.

I believe this work flow has been introduced some time ago due to mass spamming.

I understand the need for it, but sending all these posts to moderation is quite a pain to the community users (breaking the flow of discussions) and for you moderators (creating load) as well.

Currently I remove the hyperlinks from my post links, so they appear as text and are not send to moderation, but this is not the best solution IMO.

As I think already suggested by others before, wouldn't it be possible to allow

- links to a white-listed domain, like the TOP20 blogs, wikipedia and so on (likewise I think is applied to links to QT domains)

- links from TOP 500 community members (or based on some other kind of trust grade)

to be passed without moderation?

Regards,

Stefan

3 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Agreed with Stefan...

It is very annoying once you came to know that the question itself is closed before your post is moderated and approved !!!

MarcoWedel

++

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reminder gentlemen,

I agree we are again looking in to possible solutions/exclusions for the url posting issue. Its behind the scenes (you don't see it) because this tool is effective- we get these spam 'tester' posts in moderation almost daily. So we haven't been hit recently but these obnoxious spammers are checking constantly to see if they can hit us again.

I wish someone would just take them out of business somehow so the 'real' companies and community users won't be impeded any longer.

BR- Sara

Carlos Rodriguez