Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Session Timeout

Dear all,

The session timeout for every user is defaul 30 min. does anyone know how i could change it to an hour or even more??

I hope someone can help me.

regards,

MT

17 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You can copy the file to you desktop amend it there and replace the file from desktop to your orignal destination.

Make sure you have a copy of your original file.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You didn't say if you are using IIS are not.  This is the one everyone forgets about.

aaa.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

We don't use IIS thanks a lot for your help.

regards,

MT

Not applicable
Author

I still lost the connection to the server after 30 minutes and i changed it everywhere in the document, managment console and in the config.xml.

does anyone know what else could be the reason?

regards,

MT

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

What did you change in the config.xml file?

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

<QvsTimeout>7200</QvsTimeout>

I changed this line it was before 1800.

regards,

MT

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yea, that isn't it.  Try this one.

<SessionCookieTimeOut>30</SessionCookieTimeOut>

Bill

Not applicable
Author

It doesnt matter what I am doing or what I am changing the session timeout stays on 30 minutes.

regards,

MT