cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SQL Server Compact connection

Hello Everyone,

I have a SQL Server Compact database as source (.sdf file).

On other post, people are talking about Microsoft.SQLSERVER.CE.OLEDB.3.5 connector.

I tried to find it but nothing works.

Does anyone know what to do?

Thks

Vincent

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Have you downloaded the OLEDB driver for SQL Server Compact? Of not go to www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5821. You can find more information at social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/cc6db680-1d33-4c9b-8b67-9334b3383904/sql-server-compact-ole-db-provider?forum=sqlce

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for reply.

I have already installed it. DLL files are visible in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v3.5.

Still, i can't see SQL Server CE connector in Qlikview...

Gysbert_Wassenaar

One of the posts in the discussion on social.msdn.microsoft.com mentions that the provider won't show up in the provider UI:

The provider can be used from code, will not appear in the standard OLEDB privider GUI lists.

A few posts below that there's this:

The OLEDB provider is a port of the OLEDB provider from Windows CE (Mobile), so it is not a fully featured/compliant as a "normal" OLEDB provider. It has problems with fields of type: image and ntext, for example. Therefore (I assume) it is not a visible as other OLEDB providers, and in my experience, does not work well with Office.

You can expose it with the following reg settings:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F49C559D-E9E5-467C-8C18-3326AAE4EBCC}\OLE DB Provider] 
@="SQL CE OleDB Provider"

Perhaps the above helps you. If not, try asking in the discussion I found this information in. It's not a Qlikview problem, but purely the OLEDB driver for SQL Server CE.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand