Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply map function

I'm trying to use the apply map function to display the outcome of a loan. But I would like to be able to put a restraint on the function so that it shows only for loans with a certain label. I tried to put the applymap in an if-statement and got an error. Is this possible?

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you post your current script snippet? And some sample input data and what you expect?

What error did you get?

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Ashley,

please post your script code to get helped.. An if nesting shouldn't be a problem at all. I guess you have a typo. However, it would be more sufficient to create a mapping table which contains inlo the needed labels for this case.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is how i currently have the code set up. But there is a variable I create after these tables and I want to narrow down the 'Ultimate Outcome' by that variable

MAP:

Mapping

LOAD acct_nbr,     //Loading the account numbers from the excel sheet along with the 'UltimateOutcome' field it includes

UltimateOutcome

FROM

//Integrating an excel sheet to use its contents

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

//Creating a new table

LoanLoss:  

Load      

acct_nbr,

date(min(prod_dt)) as [Date First 90+],     //Taking the min (earliest) production date for an acct that can be found so we know the first date it became 90+

1 as dateFirst90Count,

APPLYMAP('MAP', acct_nbr, ' ?? ') as UltimateOutcome    //Using the mapping function to load the 'UltimateOutcome' variable into the LoanLoss table, only for the accounts located in the loanloss table though

Resident Loans     //Taking fields from the 'Loans' table

where is90 = 1     //Only looking at the accts that have ever been 90+ at least once

group by acct_nbr;   //Grouping by acct number so as to only get one row per acct number

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ashley, what error did you get?

I would assume something with an aggregation missing?

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Maybe with an aggragation here:

APPLYMAP('MAP', min(acct_nbr), ' ?? ') as UltimateOutcome

Though never used an applymap in an aggregation load.. If this doesn't work you could add a preceeding LOAD:

LoanLoss:

Load *,  APPLYMAP('MAP', acct_nbr, ' ?? ') as UltimateOutcome;

Load      

acct_nbr,

date(min(prod_dt)) as [Date First 90+],     //Taking the min (earliest) production date for an acct that can be found so we know the first date it became 90+

1 as dateFirst90Count,

min(acct_nbr) as  acct_nbr, 

accounts located in the loanloss table though

Resident Loans     //Taking fields from the 'Loans' table

where is90 = 1     //Only looking at the accts that have ever been 90+ at least once

group by acct_nbr;   //Grouping by acct number so as to only get one row per acct number

Astrato.io Head of R&D