Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

pie charts setting default color

hi

i have created a pie chart.. normally when we select one data value the pie chart becomes one individual color cz it represent only one value.. is there any possibility that i can fix the pie chart (normally when we select detach the pie chart values wont change/ move) but when i select a particular value except that particular segment, the other segments has to change in to a default color(ash color)

Untitled1.png 

this image shows my present display Untitled1.pngif i select the blue area with the value 11074 i want my pie chart to be displayed as the below image..

if some one can help me in this it would be really appreciated..

thank you in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Right Click by chart\Properties..\Expressions\Click + near your expression\Background\

Please change the Customer in

=if(Customer=Customer, color(FieldIndex('Customer',Customer)), LightGray())

to your dimension field

Regards,
Sergey

View solution in original post

38 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This technique, "Brushing", is covered in Stephen Redmond's excellent book "QlikView for Developers Cookbook"

http://www.amazon.com/QlikView-Developers-Cookbook-Stephen-Redmond/dp/1782179739/

Attached is an example for your specific question.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://robwunderlich.com

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi,

PFA

I set background color for the expression in this way:

IF(GetSelectedCount(Id)<1,

ColorMix1 ((1+Sign(2*(sum(Value)-RangeMin (top(total sum(Value),1,NoOfRows(total))))/(RangeMax (top(total sum(Value),1,NoOfRows(total)))-RangeMin (top(total sum(Value),1,NoOfRows(total))))-1)*Sqrt(Fabs((2*(sum(Value)-RangeMin (top(total sum(Value),1,NoOfRows(total))))/(RangeMax (top(total sum(Value),1,NoOfRows(total)))-RangeMin (top(total sum(Value),1,NoOfRows(total))))-1))))/2, ARGB(255, 0, 255, 0), ARGB(255, 0,0, 255))

,IF(Match(GetFieldSelections(Id),Id)>=0,green(),RGB(179,179,179)))

Regards,
Sergey
Not applicable
Author

hi Rob

i tried doing it exactly the way the book said but with a pie chart not the line chart but it did not work 😕 and i am unable to view you .qvw file cz i am using a personal edition will it be possible for you to send me screen shots plz ??

Not applicable
Author

hi Sergey

since i am using a personal edition i am unable to view you .qvw file. will it be possible for you to send me screen shots plzz??

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Screenshots are attached,

but Rob Wunderlich's solution is much better

Regards,
Sergey
Not applicable
Author

hi Sergey

i tried the exact same thing but this did not work is it cz my ID field contains a string value??

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I don't think so.

Can you share your app?

Regards,
Sergey
Not applicable
Author

sorry Sergey due to office resources are been used i can not share the app.. 😕

Not applicable
Author

oki i got this working but why dose it show all segments in black initially before i select any thing?? can't i show the segments with the same default colors without green??