Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

pie charts setting default color

hi

i have created a pie chart.. normally when we select one data value the pie chart becomes one individual color cz it represent only one value.. is there any possibility that i can fix the pie chart (normally when we select detach the pie chart values wont change/ move) but when i select a particular value except that particular segment, the other segments has to change in to a default color(ash color)

Untitled1.png 

this image shows my present display Untitled1.pngif i select the blue area with the value 11074 i want my pie chart to be displayed as the below image..

if some one can help me in this it would be really appreciated..

thank you in advance

38 Replies
SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Just use the following expression for background (it's by Rob Wunderlich)

=if(Customer=Customer, color(FieldIndex('Customer',Customer)), LightGray())

Regards,
Sergey
Not applicable
Author

ok.. i know i am troubling you big time but where am i suppose to put this expression??

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Right Click by chart\Properties..\Expressions\Click + near your expression\Background\

Please change the Customer in

=if(Customer=Customer, color(FieldIndex('Customer',Customer)), LightGray())

to your dimension field

Regards,
Sergey
Not applicable
Author

omg it worked it worked thank you thank you sooooo much.... u have nooo clue how much i appreciate this thank you sooooo much

Not applicable
Author

i still do have a small issue the colors changes to some thin else not the colors what i have applied from the theme why is that??

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Please clarify. I didn't understand.

You can add some screenshots as well

Regards,
Sergey
Not applicable
Author

Untitledc.pngthe colors i had before adding the above equation was some thing similar to this first image..

but after i added the equation to the background the colors changed as shown in Untitledv.pngthe below image..

how can i change the colors back 😕

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Please show your Background expression

Regards,
Sergey
Not applicable
Author

=if(Source=Source, color(FieldIndex('Source',Source)), LightGray()) 

sorry for the delay this is the expression that i used

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Right click on the chart\Properties\Colors\Press the button "Get Default Colors"

or

Press Advanced\Retrieve for Sheet Default or Document Default or User Default or QlikView Default

Regards,
Sergey