Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to correctly display totals which are contained in the datasource

I have a source table which looks somehow like this

regionstatusData
Northon100
Northoff200
Weston50
Westoff300
Southon400
Southoff210
TOTon520
TOToff490

As you can see my data is split by regions and in the data table itself I have the totals.

This because data is somehow overlapping between regions, so if I would exclude the TOT entries, I would come up with wrong total values.I could create four different charts with set analysis, but for real estate space issues, I would like to have this info in one chart.

If I create this single chart with <region> and <status> as dimensions and sum(data) as expression, I have the problem that if the user does not select anything in <region>, the data which is shown is highly irrealistic.

Is there a way to have a sort of set analysis, which is setting the <region> dimension to TOT, but still let users select either North, West or South?

thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

6 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

How about using trellis chart like attached.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Erik

can you have to sets of data like : TOT and other regions (N, S, W)

so you load table in 2 times

LOAD

TOT     as HeadRegion

From    where reigon='TOT

LOAD

Region as HeadRegion,

From ... wHERE region <>'TOT

and then you can either add a dimension (but still wrong big totals) or let the user select headregion

best regards

chris

Not applicable
Author

that is actually a very nice solution!

but I am having actually four statuses per region and it is a wish to have a waterfall chart (and I achieved that with different expressions and playing with the bar offset of each expression)

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you create a trellis chart? So that I can see if my  waterfall chart would look fine in it?

Not applicable
Author

example attached

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Look at the attached image.

Go to chart propertied --> Dimension --> Click on trellis -->enable trellis

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

I really love the outlook of the Trellis chart and potentially works.

As regions though have very different numbers and trellis share the same scale, it is not really feasible for this dataset.

But indeed I will keep it in mind for future reference, thank you Mohammed!

Felim answer is the most applicable to this issue.

thank you both