Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Misbehaviour in the chart while using user interactive input box

Hi All,

I have some issues while using the user interactive chart using the input box. In my document there are two images. In first i want to show how many manufacturer have the sale value more than what entered in the input box. And in the second i want to show how many items have the sale value more than what entered in the input box.

When i enter any value in the input box it shows correct value in both the chart. But when there is no value in the input box. It shows the equal numbers in both the chart. As per the data manufacturer data should have been lesser when compared to the itemname. Don't know where i am going wrong. Check the image for better understanding. Hope some one will help me out soon.

error loading image

error loading image

38 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

I checked the QVW file you sent. It has again synthetic linking. Please read the manual and understand the implications of such linking. Most probably this is the reason why you are getting wrong results.

Thanks,

Sajeevan

Not applicable
Author

Sajeevan wrote:
I checked the QVW file you sent. It has again synthetic linking. Please read the manual and understand the implications of such linking. Most probably this is the reason why you are getting wrong results. <div></div>

Thanks for the quick reply. It is happening in the document even after removing the synthetic key. Give me some time I will remove those synthetic keys from here also and will attach the file. Then it will be easier for you to rectify.

michael_anthony
Creator II
Creator II

Believe the problem is your expression and what it is comparing against when iDiffValue is blank - or actually is Null. QV doesn't like comparing a Aggr(Sum...) against a Null value so returns true for every record which is why get same value.

Try wrapping iDiffValue in a RangeSum(iDiffValue). this will convert it to 0 if it's Null and your expressions should work as expected.

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

This was the solution given my Mr. Johannes(qlikview) and I suppose it is working.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hello Rikab,

Your problem here is the null values created for comparison when the variable value is blank, in combination with the data model.
What you can do is add "handling" to the variable so that you check if it's null in the calculation. The following change to the expressions should give the expected results:

count(if(aggr(sum(SalValue), Year, mfacname)>if(len(iDiffValue)=0,-1,iDiffValue),1))
and
count(if(aggr(sum(SalValue), Year, itemname)>if(len(iDiffValue)=0,-1,iDiffValue),1))

There is one problem I am facing in the interactive chart. The problem is that as per the straight table there are only one manufacturer in the year 2006-2007 and it should be only one only. But whereas in the interactive chart it shows "2" manufacturers in the year 2006-2007.

Please check the screen shot and the attached document for you reference.

Hope some one can give me the solution for this problem. Hope it will be Mr. Johannes(qlikview) or Sajeevan agian

userid: 0010012021, password: c2info99

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

I could not open the QV file with the username and password provided in the post.

It is worth checking the exact "mfacname" in your data. If there is an additional space in the name in one of the year (2006 or 2007) may treat it as different manufacturer name while counting the number of manufacturer.

I can check it If you can post the QV file again with right username and password.

Thanks,

Sajeevan

Not applicable
Author

Sajeevan wrote:
I could not open the QV file with the username and password provided in the post.
It is worth checking the exact "mfacname" in your data. If there is an additional space in the name in one of the year (2006 or 2007) may treat it as different manufacturer name while counting the number of manufacturer.
I can check it If you can post the QV file again with right username and password. <div></div>

I have the document again and the userid:0010012021 and password:c2info99 is same as before.

I think there is no point in checking whether the mfacname is repeated because if the mfacname name is repeated it should be shown in the straight table also but there it is displaying only once.

So I think there is something else wrong. Let me know if my understanding right or wrong.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hi. You wrote "There is one problem I am facing in the interactive chart. The problem is that as per the straight table there are only one manufacturer in the year 2006-2007 and it should be only one only. But whereas in the interactive chart it shows "2" manufacturers in the year 2006-2007."

If you look at your straigth table it shows 1 for 2006 and 1 for 2007. In your interactive chart these are summed and show 1+1 =2.

Not applicable
Author

Hi again. The sinner is your "Year" in your expression

count(if(aggr(sum(SalValue), Year, mfacname)>if(len(iDiffValue)=0,-1,iDiffValue),1))

Remove the Year, and it shows one.

Not applicable
Author

DK_ASN wrote:
If you look at your straigth table it shows 1 for 2006 and 1 for 2007. In your interactive chart these are summed and show 1+1 =2. <div></div>

Yes, I agree with your point.But the thing is that I am counting the number of mfacname from April,2006 to March,2007 using this expression

=yearname(Date,0,4)
but it is still showing "2" .

Do you mean to say that if I use the above expression it will sum both the year? Please check and let me know

Do you also mean to say that wherever I am using the expression the values that are calculated or wrong?

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

DK_ASN wrote:
Hi again. The sinner is your "Year" in your expression
Remove the Year, and it shows one. <div></div>

After removing the year it shows that "No data to display" Please check whether i have done the right change as said by you

Modified Expression:

count(if(aggr(sum(SalValue), mfacname)>if(len(iDiffValue)=0,-1,iDiffValue),1))
count(if(aggr(sum(SalValue), itemname)>if(len(iDiffValue)=0,-1,iDiffValue),1))