cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhelms
Creator
Creator

Task Failure - The specified network name is no longer available

I need help to troubleshoot a failure we are getting randomly on our production server. Jobs will randomly fail and give the below error message. We don't see any errors in Event Viewer on the server other than what QlikView is providing. I don't beleive we are losing network connectivitiy to our NAS because other jobs run fine at the same time that some will fail. Immediately after the job fails it will run fine if we reload it, but can't always be watching the QEMC.

Email Error:

The task "" failed. Part of the log file follows:

7/22/2013 4:42:02 PM    Error      Exception=System.IO.IOException: The specified network name is no longer available.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.ReadCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at System.IO.FileStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()

at System.IO.StreamReader.get_EndOfStream()

at QVBWrapper.Document.ReadDocumentLogThread(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DateTime i_ReloadStartTime)

7/22/2013 4:42:02 PM    Error      Aborting Reload. Error=QDSMain.TaskResult

7/22/2013 5:01:21 PM    Error      Reload failed.

7/22/2013 5:01:21 PM    Warning               Document was forcibly closed. Clean close was not possible.

7/22/2013 5:01:21 PM    Error      Reload failed. Distribution skipped.

7/22/2013 5:01:21 PM    Error      The task "" failed. ErrorCount=4

Event Viewer Log:

Exception=System.IO.IOException: The specified network name is no longer available. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.ReadCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.IO.FileStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer() at System.IO.StreamReader.get_EndOfStream() at QVBWrapper.Document.ReadDocumentLogThread(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DateTime i_ReloadStartTime)

25 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would guess from what I have seen in the past, the share is not there when Qlik tries to locate it. This can be caused by a number of issues. All would be network related like DNS not responding with IP for host or wrong IP.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Any luck with this issue , we are facing similar issue since over a month now.

No network related reasons found.

Not applicable

Hello All,

Even we ran into same issue. QlikView 11.2 SR6, with clustered environment data is on clustered managed NAS.

No network related reasons found.

Thx,

Nisha

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

NAS are not supported by Qlik.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Hello Bill,

We have a consultant from Qlik working on this and we have repeatedly raised this question about NAS being supported. But NAS is not an issue was the reply.

Thanks,

Nisha

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

The below is a response from Product Management.

No, NAS is not supported from QDS (same as for QVS). This comes directly from Qlik Product Management and is applicable to QlikView 10, 11, and 11.2

Bill

Not applicable

Many thanks Bill.

I will check with our team.

Nisha

Not applicable

Hello Bill,

We have a windows server in between and not a direct HNAS setup. This issue is also weird as this error occurs at specific time of day between early morning 03:00 to 4:00 am load. The same loads run at 11:00 am and 07:00 pm the jobs run fine entire day.

Thanks,

Nisha

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Can you post you Task and Document logs for this task?

Not applicable

Hello Bill,

Please find the Task log & Management Service Log. The Document log does not have any thing. It just stops at the point of this error.

Regards,

Nisha