Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Regarding Dimensions Grouping

Hi, I am a total beginner to Qlikview and I can appreciate some help. I created a pivot table with group dimensions of rates. So, the rates would range from 0 to 1. I grouped them by .01 using the class function =Class(Field,0.01). How do i group them from .01,.02........,.09,.10, and THEN .10 and up (basically .10-1.00). I want a specific group row with all values from .10 to 1.00. Also, I can't display the sum at the buttom. Nothing is appearining. Thank you and I would appreciate any help.

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

In a pivot table you can add totals by enabling Partial Sums for the dimensions on the Presentation tab.

If you want a special class you can use an if statement in combination with the class function. Something like:

if(Field>=.10 and Field<=1.00, '.10<=x<=1.00', class(Field,0.01)) as Group

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert, the partial sums worked perfectly. Thank you.

For the special class, this is my IT statement but, it's just grouping everything into the .10<=x<=1.00

I tried adding the as Group, but it said Garbage after As as an error in the expression builder. Do i have to use the group functionality for this one?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The as Group is for use in the load script. If you're using that expression as a chart expression then you need to leave out the as Group since you're not creating a new field.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
MarcoWedel

maybe this thread helps also?

Custom Filter(unusual range)

regards

Marco

MarcoWedel

Hi,

please close this thread if there are no further questions.

Thanks

Regards

Marco