cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhelms
Creator
Creator

Task Failure - The specified network name is no longer available

I need help to troubleshoot a failure we are getting randomly on our production server. Jobs will randomly fail and give the below error message. We don't see any errors in Event Viewer on the server other than what QlikView is providing. I don't beleive we are losing network connectivitiy to our NAS because other jobs run fine at the same time that some will fail. Immediately after the job fails it will run fine if we reload it, but can't always be watching the QEMC.

Email Error:

The task "" failed. Part of the log file follows:

7/22/2013 4:42:02 PM    Error      Exception=System.IO.IOException: The specified network name is no longer available.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.ReadCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at System.IO.FileStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()

at System.IO.StreamReader.get_EndOfStream()

at QVBWrapper.Document.ReadDocumentLogThread(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DateTime i_ReloadStartTime)

7/22/2013 4:42:02 PM    Error      Aborting Reload. Error=QDSMain.TaskResult

7/22/2013 5:01:21 PM    Error      Reload failed.

7/22/2013 5:01:21 PM    Warning               Document was forcibly closed. Clean close was not possible.

7/22/2013 5:01:21 PM    Error      Reload failed. Distribution skipped.

7/22/2013 5:01:21 PM    Error      The task "" failed. ErrorCount=4

Event Viewer Log:

Exception=System.IO.IOException: The specified network name is no longer available. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.ReadCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.IO.FileStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer() at System.IO.StreamReader.get_EndOfStream() at QVBWrapper.Document.ReadDocumentLogThread(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DateTime i_ReloadStartTime)

25 Replies
Not applicable

Also the logs has

3:43:29.7787290      
Error      Failed to write to \\fihel1-N00012\QVPROD\PublisherTemp\Notification.xml.
Exception=System.IO.IOException: The handle is invalid.

at
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at
System.IO.FileStream.SetLengthCore(Int64 value)

at
QDSMain.Clustering.ClusterFileHandler.Write(Action`1 writeXML, Boolean
autoWriteRootElement)

Not applicable

Somehow access to files are not being established.

It gives an access error, so check for any 3rd part software, like backup, scan tool etc that could be operating at the time you mention.

Easy way to test is to move files local on the machine and then run it at the same time as the error is give when files are located on the share.

Not applicable

Hello Andreas,

We have already removed all the qlikview related folder and processes from scanning.

Yes  as suggested our next step implemented for torubleshooting is moving the jobs/tasks which fail during that particular time from HNAS to local windows server.

We have implemented that today. Hoping that it runs smooth. Only issue is we have to wait for 24 hours i.e  night load run to test the results.

Many thanks,

Nisha

Not applicable

Hello All,

Solution which worked for us .

Problem :

We are  running Qlikview 11.20 SR6 in a clustered environment with windows servers connected via HNAS.

We had certain jobs loading thrice a day but only around morning 03:00 to 4:00 am we faced this issue.

Solution which is working fine for us since last 4 weeks is :  Moving those particular jobs from NAS drive to Local windows server in our case only files are reloading there still all the qvd's which are formed through those jobs are still created on HNAS. Also moving the PublisherTemp folder from NAS to local disc. Removing those folders from scan/firewall and sharing those folders for clustered setup.

Regards,

Nisha

Not applicable

Hi Nisha,

Glad it worked, even if other tasks will run and you get an Access exception, could very well be connectivity, and not that you "lose" connection". When many handles operate at the same time this can happen if the "network" share is not optimized or can´t handle it.

beristardj
Creator
Creator

In my case, I solved it!, starting qv distribution services with an user with administrative privileges on the server, not on the domain.