Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connect to Hyperion Essbase?

Hi,

Can we connect Qlikview with Hyperion Essbase?

Thanks

Amit

23 Replies
mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I have the same question, can anyone help?

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
jasonseril
Creator
Creator

Hello all,

Does anybody has an example on connecting qlikview to hyperion essbase? thanks in advance.

jason

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

Apparently there is no way to connect directly to Essbase. I have had this confirmed by QlikTech in the UK. What I am having to do for a client here is get everything extracted into Excel first and then use that as the source. Not really an ideal solution.

I am going to keep looking for a solution - and will post back here if I find out.

Regards,
Steve

Not applicable
Author

Steve,

Have you found any better ways to get data for Essbase?

I´m thinking of using Essbase Excel Add-In to get data into excel and then load it to QV, but doesn´t seems a good idea.

Best Regards

Pablo

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Pablo,

Still running with the Essbase Excel Add-In at the moment. Looking to go right to the source data rather than their existing cubes - so the issue may go away for that reason at some point.

Cheers,
Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Got the same answer too. In stead of connecting to EXCEL, may be an SQL db?

But I'm also looking for another solution, Hope to be Qlikview still...

Not applicable
Author

My understanding from QlikTech consultants is that to use Hyperion Essbase data in your QlikViews you would either export the data from Essbase or use a third-party tool like Star Analytics.

Not applicable
Author

Dear All,

You can use the Extented Analytics (Addon component) in Hyperion and exports the entire data to any RDBMS (say Oracle, SQL etc) and schedule it in hyperion on daily or monthly basis.

You can use this intermediate database as source to QlikView.

Hope it is better solutions rather than exporting in excel by considering data inconsistency and data volume handling problems in excel.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj Kishor

Not applicable
Author

You can export data from Essbase through an essbase calculation script. It is very fast and can export to multiple sources (text, oracle, sqlserver,etc). The command is DATAEXPORT. No additional cost or software needed!!!!!