Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinstanfield
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Metadata and it's use in tracking end user behaviours

Hi, we have V11.0 enterprise edition and have been asked whether it's possible to track what End Users do once they have accessed the application - the intention being that navigation and development could be improved, areas of particular interest are recognised etc.

I'm not a developer so if any answers could be in layman's terms that would be really appreciated,

I'm aware that we should be able to track session use via the server logs but it's the more granular detail of user behaviour that we are looking to explore further.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

The auditing options in the QMC allow you to do this. With v11 Auditing can be enabled for individual documents.

Qlikview Usage Tracking | Qlik Community

The Audit Logs can then be loaded into QlikView to allow you to analyse the user activity.

There are more details in the server reference manual

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Colin-Albert

The auditing options in the QMC allow you to do this. With v11 Auditing can be enabled for individual documents.

Qlikview Usage Tracking | Qlik Community

The Audit Logs can then be loaded into QlikView to allow you to analyse the user activity.

There are more details in the server reference manual

Colin-Albert

Have a look at Audit Logging - I have another response but it is being moderated 😞

kevinstanfield
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks I'll take a look

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi I would suggest you to look at the QlikView Governance dashboard

or

QlikView Application: System Monitor v5.1.20

Regards

ASHFAQ

kevinstanfield
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Ashfaq

Regards

Kevin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kevin, I assume you use QMC and publish documents  to AccessPoints. If yes, you can enable Audit logs in QMC (it is off by default) and then build another QlikView app (QVW) to actually read audit logs generated by QlikView server. you will be able to identify users by their user account id (windows login) and you will see events there for pretty much every click they make - like switiching tabs, making selections etc.

You can take a look at prebuilt QlikView Governance dashboard as mentioned above but I personally found it too complex and confusing so I built my own small app to read audit logs.

Another type of log files you might be interested is session log. That log will tell you how much time users actually spend on Qlikview server - my cllient was impressed by a metric I was able to build using this data.

Please do not forget to pick the best answer

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Can you close the thread by selecting appropriate answer.

Regards

ASHFAQ