Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error from QVB.exe while uninstalling QVS for upgrade

I'm experiencing difficulties while attempting to uninstall Qlikview Server 9 SR1. The uninstallation fails with the error message "Internal Error 2753. QVB.exe", and then terminates. I need to uninstall the server in order to apply a new license (which I was advised to do by support).

I've tried repairing the installation, reinstalling the server, and even tried installing SR2 over the existing installation, but nothing has worked.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Alexander,

I would just stop all QV services, manually delete everything in the C:\Program Files\QlikView and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Qliktech folders, and delete every registry instance that pointed at one of those 2 folders.

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Alexander,

I would just stop all QV services, manually delete everything in the C:\Program Files\QlikView and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Qliktech folders, and delete every registry instance that pointed at one of those 2 folders.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Vlad Gutkovsky wrote:
Alexander,
Regards,<div></div>

I'm a bit hesitant to try this approach, as it could potentially leave the installation hanging in the Add/Remove Programs control panel. Have you tried this solution before to manually uninstall Qlikview? Did it create any problems on reinstallation with the same or upgrade service release?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You just need to make sure you're thorough. The Add/Remove Programs list is populated from the registry obviously, so if you remove all entries then you shouldn't have any problems. And yes, I have done this before and it didn't give me any problems.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Vlad Gutkovsky wrote:
You just need to make sure you're thorough. The Add/Remove Programs list is populated from the registry obviously, so if you remove all entries then you shouldn't have any problems. And yes, I have done this before and it didn't give me any problems.
Regards,<div></div>

When I find one of the two paths inside of a CLSID, should I delete the entire CLSID, or just the node containing the path?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Depends what else is in the CLSID. If it just contains the value that points to the folder + couple filler values (nothing substantive) then delete the entire CLSID. Otherwise, if it contains several strings to different folders in program files, then I would say just delete the node.