Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Get the dimension value of one specific object

Dear all, I'm facing a problem here.

For example, I've one bar chart named CH001, its dimension is months, its expression calculate sum(measures) simply.

While I want to know what exactly the current dimension value of this chart. Like the current selection = Jan, Feb, Mar. While this chart may only show the bar of Jan since lacking of data. How can I express its current available dimension value(Jan) into like a text box?

Thanks for your help.

5 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi go to Chart Properties

Dimension tab --> Select show all Values

Presentation tab --> Deselect Suppress zero values , Suppress missing.

Hope it helped

Regards

ASHFAQ

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

Try like this

=Concat(Aggr(If(Sum(Measure) > 0, Month), Month), ',')

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you want to show the current selected values from a dimension then use GetFieldSelections function.

Not applicable
Author

Hi ASFAQ, it doesn't work, and the bar chart itself doesn't have issue. What I expected is if there is some API functions to take out the dimension value, something like: selected_objects(CH001).dimension(Months).values.

Or I can use the following possible approach:

I have this table at data model:

MonthMeasure
Jan100
Feb100
Mar100
Apr-
May-
June-

Month ranges from Jan - June, and if I use min(month) ~ max(month) to take out the range, I can only use:

select max(month), min(month) from table where Dim1 = currentselection(Dim1) and  Dim2 = currentselection(Dim2) and Measure is not null.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan, that's almost what I want. Thanks.