Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar chart: 2 decimal places as Value on data points, 4 places as pop-up

Hi,

is it possible to have a bar chart with 2 decimal places (e.g. 2,09 m€), but a pop-up with 4 places (e.g. 2,0896 m€)?

I attached a model of my application.

Thanks

Jens

9 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

UNfortunately no, there is no control on popup text ....

Not applicable
Author

Well, I found a solution for a single bar in a book called 'Qlikview for Developers Cookbook', There a second expression is added, the Bar option is not checked, but only 'Text as pop-up', This is working fine for a single bar, unfortunately you cannot add a second or third of these. If you do that, the pop-up text from all expressions is shown on each bar.

new_screen.jpg

You have to uncheck Presentation -> Pop-up labels btw.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

look at the attached document.

A similar thing.

Regards

ASHFAQ

sarvjeet
Contributor III
Contributor III

Add two expressions

A) With bar char and value on text (set it to 2 decimal places)

B) No bar chart and just value on popup - set it to 4 decimal places

-Sarvjeet

Not applicable
Author

Problem is, that my chart already consists of 5 bars. If I add a new bar ('B' in your posting above), it is fine. If I add another B for the second 'A', it displays the text for both.

sarvjeet
Contributor III
Contributor III

For expression for which u donot want text in pop up , deselect text as popup option

Not applicable
Author

I'm not getting your suggestion, sorry.

I have already five bars - one per status like Open, Lost, Won. How can I configure, that when I mouseover the 'Open' bar, I only see the expression for 'Open' and so on?

Not applicable
Author

As this won't work, I assume, might it be an alternative to play with the different symbols (standard, thousand, million)?

So my idea would be to show 'k€' for values between 10,000 and 1,000,000 and 'm€' if larger. Is that possible?

I would then have e.g.

a) 58,12 k€ as bar value and k€ as unit in the upper left and

b) 2,31 m€ as bar value and m€ as unit in the upper left

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

I played around with the symbol formatting under 'Numbers' in the chart. These are  example screenshots:

kEuro.png

mEuro.png

Question is, how can I format the value on top of the bar to be 569,3760 k€ in the first screen and 230,2602 m€ in the second screen?