Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS service off duty after server restart

I've searched through some of the threads, but haven't really found an answer.  The situation:  Our services are split between 2 Windows 2012 servers, on with QVS and QVWS (App server) and DSC, QDS, and QMS (Pub server).  Over the weekend, both servers were restarted.  This morning when logging in to Access Point, users were receiving a message saying that there was no server.  Checking Management Console, QVS was off duty, but when I check the servers, all of the services were up and running.  To fix the situation, I had to manually stop and restart the QVS service.  Each time the App server is rebooted, the QVS service goes off duty and it has to be stopped and restarted.  What is causing this, and what can be done to prevent it in the future?

7 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

His off duty means same licence is used in two different machine.

Make sure that you have not installed same licence in two machines.

To check all the available server nearby you.

Check power tool

Power Tools 1.2 for QlikView

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

No other server has this license applied to it.  I understand that USUALLY Off Duty is caused when the same license is applied to multiple servers, however this is not the case.  No other server uses the App license and once the service is restarted, the Off Duty message goes away and the server is available.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I still suggest you yo go through Power tool and use QVSDetector utility to detect any nearby server.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for answering.  I did use the QVSDetector and only 1 server is using the license.

Giuseppe_Novello

Dear Kathy,

When you practice a server start make sure that the machine that has QMC is up and running first then the machine with QVS. Also you can switch the services from " Automatic" to "automatic(delay start)", in some cases the server needs little time to connect to the network, in other words QMC to connect to QVS, so when you switch "automatic(delay start)" there is a 3 minutes wait.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Giuseppe.  This would be something easy to test.  Which services should be set to delay start?

Giuseppe_Novello

I would do all the Qlikview services ( QVS, QDS, QMS, QVWS and DSC).

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik