Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Test server for QV9

Hi all,

I am just starting planning for migration from 8.20 to 9.00.

What I would like to do is to configure a dedicated server with v9 to test document compatibility etc. I saw in the QVS Reference Manual that there is such a thing as a test server licence which looked like it might be the baby for me. However it appears it costs rather a lot of money!

How do you plan and test for migration?

Regards,

Gordon

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

So no-one ever upgraded then? Wink

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Why don't you just install a new serwer v9.0 and rename all documents by adding "TEST" word?

Test server is useful if you don't know what to do with your money 🙂

Kind regards,

Janusz

Not applicable
Author

Hi Janusz,

I want to create a test environment with v9 and so it is the licencing issues that concern me. The server would exist on the same network as the 'live' and there seems to be no evaluation period with a server install like you used to get with Developer. What if I just install server v9 - will it work without an LEF? What would happen if I used the same LEF as the 'live' (I dont want to even think about trying this!).

I agree with your point about the test licence - at 50% the cost of a 'normal' one I bet Qliktech dont sell many!

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gordon,

I don't think so, that you can install QVS without LEF. But, I think you can try to create a new server using the same license. I can't imagine to use test server each time you want to migrate to new version. I would go for it :).

King regards,

Janusz

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Janusz,

I will try it and post my findings (if I still have a job).

I just wish Qliktech would be more helpful with these real world situations.....

Regards,

Gordon

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gordon,

Where you able to get this migration mode to work? I have just been working with a customer and we can seem to get the migration server up in v10.

Thanks for sharing

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Not sure what 'migration mode' is. I eventually upgraded/tested/went live over a long weekend directly on our (only) production box.

Regards,

Gordon

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

OK, Thanks