Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alphabetical Filter for a List Box

Hello my QV friends.  I have a listbox with a long list of names in it.  To aid the user of my app, I thought about creating a  separate filter to find the list of names that begin with C, for example.  Is it possible to create a separate filter for a listbox to narrow the list of options?  Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
martinpedersen
Creator
Creator

Like a trigger or in the script?

If you are looking for a way to group your values into alphabetic lists or something like that, then you could do it in the load script:

DataTable:

Load

YourValue, Left(YourValue, 1) as YourValueGroup From data.qvd (qvd);

Then you could add a two list box with both YourValue and YourValueGroup - or you could set the Listbox with "YourValue" to show only when you have made a selection in "YourValueGroup".

If its something like this you are looking for i could make an example document?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

you can use the search function of the list box typing *c*

regrads,

MT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply.  I was wondering if there is a way to code this search?

veidlburkhard
Creator III
Creator III

Hi thnkgreen,

the list box already has a built-in filter. Type in C and it will show you all the fieldvalues with C. See picture below:

FilterListbox.jpg

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Create a listbox with expression like:

=If(WidlMatch(YourDimension, 'C*'), YourDimension)

martinpedersen
Creator
Creator

Like a trigger or in the script?

If you are looking for a way to group your values into alphabetic lists or something like that, then you could do it in the load script:

DataTable:

Load

YourValue, Left(YourValue, 1) as YourValueGroup From data.qvd (qvd);

Then you could add a two list box with both YourValue and YourValueGroup - or you could set the Listbox with "YourValue" to show only when you have made a selection in "YourValueGroup".

If its something like this you are looking for i could make an example document?