Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Marging two cells in a Table

I want to merge multiple cells in QlikView table.

e.g ID and Sales are two columns and Sales is divided into 2.

ID Sales

Last week | This Week

1. 12 | 12

Does anyone know how to do this?

Any pointers on this would be of great help.

Thanks in advance,

Ashish

11 Replies
villafuerte
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi,

I'm not sure if it is what you want, but if you want to merge 2 fields form your datasource into only 1 field in QV what you can do is to join them in the load script. For example:

LOAD

ID & '/' & Sales as IdSales,

That way both together will become one filed in QV.

Correct me if I misunderstood your question

Cheers

prieper
Master II
Master II

Can you please post a sample file?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply.

No. I don't want to merge two fields from the data source, instead if there are two fields coming from LOAD script, i want them to show as two different columns in table. However I want to show a combined header for those two columns above their actual header as i have specified in the original post.

I hope this clarifies what I want to do.

Thanks,

Ashish.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply.

Herewith I am attaching a sample file for reference. The file is an excel sheet.

I hope this file will clarify.

Thanks in advance,

Ashish.

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

attached is an example

i hope its helps

Not applicable
Author

Actually I got what you are trying to say. Here, in this example, we have data in one column for current week and last week and depending on the value in the week column we bifurcate it as Current week and Last week.

But what I have is the data for current week, last 4 weeks and last year's week are in different columns. And they are calculated for every week, I mean each row corresponds to data aggregated for current week, last 4 week and last year's week corresponding to say Articles like Sales and Income. In that case I won't be able to apply same logic as you have specified in the example.

Thanks,

Ashish

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

here is aonther Example

hope it solve your problem

if not please attach sample of your data table

Not applicable
Author

You could try putting a text box over the top of the two columns. The text box would contain the group heading, in your example the word, "Sales".

prieper
Master II
Master II

Am still not clear, what the OP wants? If the data is to be loaded once, there is already a working solution. If it is supposed to load this file each week, there need to be an identifyer for the date, which may either be extracted from the filename, any other field from the Excel or as a kind of function of TODAY(), like WEEKSTART(TODAY()). The other dates might be calculated mathematically from this.

Peter