Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Additional expressions at the end of a chart pivot table

I'm wondering if something like this is possible. I have a chart set up as a pivot table with 2 dimensions: Item Number and Period Number. I have 1 expression that is Usage History. I have the pivot table set up with the Period as the column label so it looks something like this:

Usage

Item Period Jan Feb Mar Apr Jun...

ABCDE 10 10 15 20 25...

ZYXWV 5 7 8 10 12...

Would it be possible to add another expression to the end of the chart is not part of the column label? For example, if I wanted to add Current Value to the end so it would look like this:

Usage

Item Period Jan Feb Mar Apr Jun... Curr Value

ABCDE 10 10 15 20 25... 40

ZYXWV 5 7 8 10 12... 25

is this possbile?

Thanks.

13 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Deepak wrote:I hope this application helps you.

Oh, of course! Just add another value to the dimension, and check it. Funny thing is, I suggested that in a different thread yesterday for a similar problem, and it never crossed my mind that it was one way to solve THIS problem. And you can eliminate the "frequency" value from the list box by using an expression, if you wish. It's not a perfect solution, but I think it's a workable solution. Might be good enough.

Not applicable
Author

Deepak wrote:
I hope this application helps you. <div></div>

Is it possible to implement this solution but have the Month values be selectable? In my implementation, the user can select what month range they want to see the expression data evaluated for but I still would need the Frequency column to operate as it currently is.

Thanks.

mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If you want the column Frequency to appear no matter the selection in the Field Month, it would be something like this:

if(Month='Frequency',count({$<Month = Month + {'Frequency'}>} Product),sum(Sale))

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
Not applicable
Author

[quote user="Mike García"]

If you want the column Frequency to appear no matter the selection in the Field Month, it would be something like this:

if(Month='Frequency',count({tiny_mce_markerlt;Month = Month + {'Frequency'}>} Product),sum(Sale))

This shows the Frequency column (thanks) but if I select a subset of the Months the Frequency value is incorrect. I have to also select the month "Frequency" to have it display the correct Frquency value. How can I have it do this without selecting the "Frequency" month?

Thanks.