Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Does admin(user) rights is required in document with section access

Hi All,

I don't have the admin user in my section access part. As per the document it says that admin user have the authority to restrict edit script,reload,save,etc options for the non admin user. But i admin user is not there in my document. Is there is any way to reduce restrict the user from accessing edit script,reload,save,etc options. Is it must that all the document with section access must have the admin user to restrict the non admin user? As currently we don't want the admin rights in our document.

Also let me know is it necessary that user name should only be 'admin' for the admin user. Can't it be with different name. Something like vadmin or administrator???

Hope some one will let me know the best possible way.

116 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dwi Sulistiyo,

I am working on this very seriously. Without admin login it is too difficult. I need to find some solution soon. Please help me out. Sorry for replying you very late last time. Don't mistake me for that.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

I am not sure whether you got the solution by now. I was working on same issue today and I am not facing any issue with this. Find below the code I am using in my script. Hope you can follow the same.

In the below script, I am setting myself with ADMIN ACCESS otherwise I will not be able to modify anything. I am setting my DEPT variable value as DP. Then in the application section my DEPT value DP will be given access to all REGION. Please note that the key variable and values within these variable should be in capital letters.

Those with value SUPER in DEPT variable will have access to all REGION

Those with value EREGION in DEPT variable will have access to Eastern Region in REGION variable of the data.

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, DEPT
ADMIN, Sajeevan, Sajeevan1, DP
USER, 116366, 116366, SUPER
USER, 119333, 119333, SUPER
USER, 116319, 116319, SUPER
USER, 117994, 117994, SUPER
USER, 120887, 120887, SUPER
USER, 113072, 113072, EREGION
USER, 115324, 115324, WREGION
USER, 117848, 117848, CREGION
USER, 119893, 119893, NREGION
USER, 115215, 115215, SREGION
USER, 013006, 013006, SREGION
];

Section Application;
star is *;

load * inline
[DEPT,REGION
DP,*
SUPER,*
EREGION,Eastern Region
WREGION,Western Region
CREGION,Central Region
NREGION,Northern Region
SREGION,Southern Region
];

Best Regards,

Sajeevan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sajeevan!
Thanks for your effort! I too know that as per your example there is no such problem. But as per my current structure and data there is some problem due to the following reason.

1. First of all i can't use INLINE function to load the required data as the password will be keep changing and number of user(login) may increase any time. So it is not good way to use inline function in my case.

2. I don't have something like DEPT column as you have in my data structure. Filteration will happen firstly with account and secondly with the mfacode. User login is working fine i am able to filter the data according to the login. Problem is with admin(manager) login only. For example manager with with the particular account should be in a position to see all the mfac data together which comes under the particular account.

I will tell you some details about the current structure. For all the distributor there will be unique account code provided and number of mfac with unique mfaccode comes under distributor. For example distributor logs in there should be in a position to see data of all the mfac and mfac with particular account code should see only their data. For example if the accountcode:001001 and mfaccode:2021 then data should be filtered first with the account code and then with the mfacode.

How to over come this problem. I can't even use the inline function also as i said data will be keeping changing. So dynamically data should be updated. I am totally confused here. Hope you can provide some solution here.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

It is not necessary that you have to have the inline load. You can load the username and password etc. from an external file too. I understand your issue. I have done same in my application too. Some people gets access to everything in one region but some other people gets only some part of the same region.

Can you send the file you are loading in Section Access as well as you section access and section application script so that I can suggest the changes you need to do?

Thanks,

Sajeevan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sajeevan!

I totally agree with your point. But i didn't defined user/admin in my document and nor it is there in the database. Do you wants me to load the data partially with the load function and partially with the inline. Please let me know about it.

File is already attached in my previous post. I am not able to attach the fine. Don't know the reason why!. If you have any other problem in downloading please do let me know. Hope you can get the required information from it and can help me out.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

You can attach the files by going to the Options tab when replying to this email.

Thanks,

Sajeevan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sajveen!

I know file has to be attached using the options tab. Last time i tried from there only. After long wait it is not attaching the file don't know whats the technical reason behind that. Please download it from previous post. Even if I am going to attach i will be attaching the same thing.

Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

I downloaded the file but not able to open it as I don't know the admin username and password. Are you able to open and edit it? Is it asking a username and password when you open it? if yes, then can you share that with me?

Thanks,

Sajeevan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sajeevan!

There is no admin rights till now there in my document. That's the problem i facing now. By the way i have mentioned the username and password in that post only. If you have not seen it sending you again.

username: 0010012021

password: c2info99

Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

Thanks for the username and password. It worked.

What I am seeing is that there is no ADMIN ACCESS. You can add this as an inline load after section access

It should be like below

Section Access;

LOAD

* INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, [ACCOUNT CODE], [MFAC CODE]

ADMIN, Rikab, Rikab2010, *, *

];

then the users can be loaded like below just after the above

LOAD 'USER' as [ACCESS], userid as USERID, upper(password) as PASSWORD, account as [ACCOUNT CODE], mfaccode as [MFAC CODE]

RESIDENT

items;

It is worth checking the table viewer. Since the variables account and itemcode is repeated in items and sales tables, a synthetic table created which can give you wrong results.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sajeevan