Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

In one dashboard can we make a selection and it should show the results of another table also in the same screen.

There are 2 tables say table A and B .I need to go to dashboard and click on a selection which displays information related to table A .When i click on that i must also be able to view info related to table B and its vice versa.
Is it possible to achieve this using QlikView?
FYI..Table A we can be taken as Interaction table and table B as Incident table and both contain many columns which are similar so if we join the tables we will lose some of the data.pls sugest.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Yes you can do this.

Methods:

1. Either call both the tables on same application (make sure you are one filed common between two tables called as Primary key)
  2. You can do this by using binary load.

The binary load statement is used for loading the data from another QlikView document, the binary load appears  always top in the script.Only one binary load statement is allowed in the script and it can only be put as the first statement of a script

Open Qlikview Edit Script and click on Qlikview File tab then select Existing QVW and give ok.

Better if you refer the reference manual where you get all answers.

Thanks,

AS

View solution in original post

7 Replies
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Rekha,

Are you calling both these tables on same sheet or they are on two different dashboards????

Thanks,

AS

Not applicable
Author

Hi Amit,

Preferably I want to show the results on the same dashboard.Is it possible to show the results on the same dashboard calling them in the same sheet?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just wanted to understand bit more here, when you say "you will lose data after joining two table" what kind of join you are applying there? By doing simple "Join" or "Concatenate" will not lose any data. Let me know your view.

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Yes you can do this.

Methods:

1. Either call both the tables on same application (make sure you are one filed common between two tables called as Primary key)

The binary load statement is used for loading the data from another QlikView document, the binary load appears  always top in the script.Only one binary load statement is allowed in the script and it can only be put as the first statement of a script

binary load.PNG.png

Open Qlikview Edit Script and click on Qlikview File tab then select Existing QVW and give ok.

Thanks,

AS

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Yes you can do this.

Methods:

Thanks,

AS

Not applicable
Author

Hi Amit and Satyadev,

I have joined both the tables using left join with the primary key as the Incident ID .I am getting the data as required.

Thanks for ur reply.

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Rekha,

Please close the thread by marking correct or help answer.

Thanks,

AS