Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE Plugin not an option on customized AccessPoint

We have created a customized view of the access point; just changed logo and few looks but nothing extraordinary. Everything works except none of the documents open in IE Plugin. I can only open documents in AJAX. The "View Details" popup does not even show IE Plugin.

However if I use the QV's index.html, the IE Plug option shows up and the plug also works fine.

Any ideas why it does not show me IE Plugin?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
12 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Have a look if the IE Plugin is activated as an Access Method on Document level:

QMC -> Documents -> User Documents -> .qvw file -> Server -> Availability -> Access Method -> IE Client checked.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for quick reply, yes it is check on.

Since the original web page of access point can show the IE Plugin, I take it this something within the index.htm file but not in the settings. Unfortunately I cannot pin it down.

Thanks

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

hm.. If you go to Access Point -> Favorites & Profile is the preferred client set to Internet Explorer Plugin?

manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Adarsh - Yes, it could be index.htm. My suggestion is to use iFrame in your custom page to display the QV documents and have logo and other additional details outside of the iFrame. It is a trial and error.

Also, Martin's suggestion above would help you to choose IE as your preferred client to view the documents. It is one time setup in your browser.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, the preferred client is set to IE Plugin. It seems to know the IE plugin, but just not using it with the apps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Manoj! Hope things are well with you.

Do you have any examples of iFrame? We have done some very basic work with HTML in the index.htm. I cannot say I know what iFrame means.

manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Adarsh,

I am good. It is not straight-forward though however worth trying our basic HTML skills. Please check the example links below and let me know if you find a solution

Giuseppe_Novello

Adash,

What version of Qlikview do you have? and What version of Internet Explorer are you using?

If you are using IE11 on a Qlikview version 11.20 SR4 and below, it would not supported yet, for that it won't give you the option for IE plug-in. For that Hit "F12" for the IE developer tools, change the comparability mode from IE11 to IE10 or 9 and see if now you can see the IE plug-in option.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

We are using QV 11.2 SR5 and IE11.

I tried the compatibility but that did not help!