cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Task Failure email Notification not working

Hi all,

I have been testing QV 11.2 SR5, in which the email notification for reload task failure is not working.

I have configured, System>Mail Server with hostname, port number. I tried a test email from this tab and is working fine.

Then in Distribution services> Alert emails, gave the specific email.

But when a task is getting failed, i am not getting a failure notification. Am i missing something?

Can you share your thoughts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I found the issue. I created the reload tasks first and then configured the mail server later. So, after configuring the mail server, i re-saved the tasks again and now i am getting the failure notifications.

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

By the way, i gave the same port number for both existing production QMC and this isolated QV 11.2 SR5 server. can we do that?

Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

Not to sound crazy - have you checked your Junk folder or Spam filtering?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes, i did.  No email found in junk/spam.

Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

In the QlikView Management Console > Status tab > (right side) Expand Task Details > review Task History and Log Details...what's it stating?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I found the issue. I created the reload tasks first and then configured the mail server later. So, after configuring the mail server, i re-saved the tasks again and now i am getting the failure notifications.

Thanks