Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_qlikview
Creator
Creator

Jmeter Testing

Can any one let me know the step by step process to test the QV application  using the Jmeter  such as sample screen shots and so.

Thanks,

Jahnavi

9 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Look at the attached document

Regards

ASHFAQ

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That doc will link you to this Doc

Tool for easy creation of load/performance tests of QlikView (v.10 and 11)

Which is a much easier way to create and run tests.

-Rob

j_qlikview
Creator
Creator
Author

This document mentioned only to perform the testing with J meter  but it  doesn't have any thing abt the i Frame configuration with  Access point and testing the Configured I Frame with J meter. Can you help me on this as i can perform the Testing with Jmeter but when it comes to the I Frame configured with Accesspoint  will it be feasible.

Thanks,

Jahnavi

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ignore the tutorial documents. The link I posted above is a complete package to create the script, run the script against an access point doc, and analyze the results.

-Rob

prees959
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Rob,

I'm having difficulty getting any of this to work... do you have a definitive walkthrough..?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are you trying to do load testing or regression testing?  What area are you having difficulty with?

-Rob

prees959
Creator II
Creator II

Hi rwunderlich

We have done as much optimisation was we can on the data model, object expressions and set analysis.  We update our apps one a week and users we are finding that the documents are slow when initially opened but 'speed up' once caching has been done.

I have been toying with the idea of restarting services after the refresh and finding some way of 'automating' user selections throughout the documents before the first users open the documents.  There are threads in the community on VB automation being used.  Even though I am fine with VB scripting - I cant see how to create and call these scripts...

Would really appreciate your expert thoughts on this and any possible solutions.....

Phil 

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Have you tried the Qlik Scalability Tools package and read the doc?   If you want to do cache warming, just build a regression test. Let me know if you have further questions.  Reach out to me at Contact | Qlikview Cookbook if you want a walkthrough,

-Rob