Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE Plugin not an option on customized AccessPoint

We have created a customized view of the access point; just changed logo and few looks but nothing extraordinary. Everything works except none of the documents open in IE Plugin. I can only open documents in AJAX. The "View Details" popup does not even show IE Plugin.

However if I use the QV's index.html, the IE Plug option shows up and the plug also works fine.

Any ideas why it does not show me IE Plugin?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
12 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

okay, can you open your browser and type "qvp://<servername or URL> " , a QV windows should pop-up and select to open a document. Did the document opened?

Also, make sure the end user didn't install developer and IE plug-in separately, because developer has one whole package that includes the developer and IE plug-in pieces.  and if you installed IE plug-in separately( when developer is already installed or vice versa ) that will break the installation of the other.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Yes, the qvp://servername works fine and the document opens up.

And the target laptop does not have designer installed. It has just the IEPlugin.

Giuseppe_Novello

So in that case something in the browser is preventing to open it. The only thing I can think of that is that the plug-in version you installed is a older version. Try again opening a document with plug-in (qvp://<servername or URL>), when the document is opened, in the plug-in menu bar go to "menu" and select "about Qlikview" see what version you have. If you comment back, please place the whole built number.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik