Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Lost connection to server

Hello experts,

very often the web browser shows me the message in object even if the session remains inactive for fews seconds.

what it means ?

How can I set this timeout ?

Many Thanks.

Best regards

21 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The QEMC isn´t working. The Command Center Service is down in Status sheet, and others sheets are inacessible. An error occurs when I click in any sheet. I did the reinstall, but with no success. I think that is a problem with Qlikview Server name. Is there a file configuration that I can modify the Qlikview Server name (The same name that appears in sheet System\Setup\Command Center\Qlikview Servers)?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

With all services stopped, I would check these files:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikviewManagementService\config.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\QlikViewServerResource.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QvWebServer\config.xml (check the contents of the <AddQvs> tag)

C:\ProgramData is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data on older operating systems. Then try starting your services again. If the error still occurs, post the Event Viewer log here.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

I fixed the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikviewManagementService\config.xml file and the Command Center Service started! All functions of QEMC are working now, but the Access Point stopped working. Now I have the message "No Server" and all the services are running, including Qlikview Server.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Sounds like a problem with the config file in the QVWebServer folder I mentioned above. If the QV service is running, it probably means that the resource is defined incorrectly. Did you check this other file as well?

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Vlad, I was precipitated. QV, sometimes, has a delay to refresh the timing between QEMC and services. All services are ok, including que Access Point. But the "Lost Connection" message is still there. It´s curious, but I have the same problem accessing a QV document in www.qlik.com, with AJAX. I can´t remember the document name.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

I have received this error for the first time recently with a client using ajax to view the file in IE8 on Vista.

We do a scheduled reload at 01:00 GMT and that is all.

Any clues on why this would suddenly appear in AJAX?

Thanks

Lee

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

First place to look for an explanation is the event*.log of the QVS and see if QVS killed the session and why.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

I was running into this a lot when we first setup our QV servers. The solution that worked for me was to stop using IIS.

We tried and tried and tried to make QV Server run smooth through IIS but sometimes it's just a losing fight.

Not applicable
Author

I get this message anytime I try to launch an app from the QlikView Demo Page using my Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0.3 mobile device. No problems accessing any other web pages or demo apps from other vendors with the same device. No problems launching the QV demo apps from my notebook. I need to show a smartphone accesing QV apps to a client in the next few days.

Not applicable
Author

I know it does not solve the your underlying issue but I have no problems personally with the iOS App if you can lay your hands on iPhone or iPad.

Perhaps that will suffice for a demonstration in the short term

Cheers

Lee