Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

question regarding colors in SVG map extension

Hi there,

I am using SVG map extension to display the sales across the world. Currently, the color expression I use is RVG(225,96,225) which gives me one color for all the countries where sales generate. I am wondering what color expression is able to display different colors for different countries. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Gloria

5 Replies
Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

RGB ( replace V with G) = Red Green Blue

Not applicable
Author

Hi Greg,

You mean RGT= Red Green Blue? I tried this but it doesn't give me any color. Any other suggestions? Thank you!

Best Regards,

Gloria

Not applicable
Author

Any one has any ideas of setting different colors for different countries? Thank you so much in advance!

ChristofSchwarz
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

This is pretty simple: The color formula can be one simple color, could be a field which holds a color value, or a complex formula with IF(..) condition.

Be aware of one thing: The SVG extension automatically applies "heat coloring" according to the Min and Max range of the measure, so the above color expression might appear lighter until even White if the Measure is small. If you don't want this, put a constant like 1 into the measure

Here is an simple example where the color formula is =IF(Country='DE', Yellow(), Green())

chhavi376
Creator II
Creator II

Hey Christof,

This isnt working for me.

I am getting a dark blue color. PFA-sample.PNG