Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis help required!

Hi All,

From the attached document i want the Sum(SalValue) of those items where schemes is not NULL or not empty(i,e value should be there). Please look in the document for reference. Please do the required changes in the document!

I think its simple one only hope some one will do the needed changes in the document and will attach it.

To open the document use userid:0010012021, password: c2info99

Regards,

Rikab

10 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Should be:

=Sum({< schemes -= {""} >} SalValue)

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

try to write this formula: sum( {$<schemes -= {''}>} SalValue ). The symbols "-=" mean "Not equal" .

Milda

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephen & Milda!

Thanks both of your for your help. I also managed to write the same thing what you have wrote. Though it works it has not manged to ignore the Null/Empty values. Requesting you to let me know how can i ignore that.

vidyut
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Will it not help to just suppress the Null Values for the schemes dimension of the chart after applying this new expression?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vidyut!

Yes! It is not helping me. Let me know if you have any other solution. I think it may be blank spaces there instead of null values.

Hope Stephen & Milda! can help me out on this!

Regards,

Rikab

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Try the following syntax (replace the field names by your actual names):

sum({$<TextField = {"=len(trim(TextField))>0"}>} Qty )

search condition len(trim(field))>0 will eliminate nulls, empty strings, as well as any number of spaces within the field.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Oleg Troyansky!

Exactly the one i was looking for. Thanks a lot that works.

By the i wish you could help me out for my post on security access. I am struggling a bit. If you can help then i will send you the link.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

hi boss

please check this expression

sum

( {$<schemes = >} if(isnull(schemes)=0,SalValue ))

Not applicable
Author

Hi Boss!

I have checked it out. It is not working as expected. This code from Mr. Oleg does the trick! Your script is not ignoring the blank and null string. Anyway thanks for effort!

<pre>sum({$<TextField = {"=len(trim(TextField))>0"}>} Qty )

Regards,

Rikab