Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jduarte12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Publisher pdf report error

Hello,

I am using Publisher to distribute a pdf report via e-mail. However, in the latest report I had to develop, I am not managing to get it distributed to the e-mail addresses as it is supposed. I must also say that we have daily triggers to send other reports and everything is working fine.

The problem with this new report  is the following: it has to be distributed "along" a certain parameter, which can have one of four values. Depending on that value, the report would have 23, 10, 24 or 28 pages. The interesting issue is that I am only getting the 10-page report; the others are not sent (the e-mail addresses are the same) and I receive an e-mail notification of failed task.

I would like to know if there is some kind of limit to the number of pages of a pdf report. I need to understand if I need to improve the script or, on the other hand, if there is some limitation concerning Publisher pdf reports.

I am using QlikView 11 SR2 on a Windows 2008 Server machine.

Thank you & Best regards,

João Duarte

11 Replies
jduarte12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hello Bill

Thanks for your reply. In fact, I tried to run only for the 28-page report, but it did not work.

I have tried with and without performing stop+restart after changing the setting.

I will follow your advise and open a ticket with the support team.

Regards,

João Duarte

jduarte12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hello

In what concerns this issue, I contacted Qlikview Support and they managed to distribute the reports correctly.

Meanwhile, we adopted a new e-mail server, which motivated a change in the parameter that commands the pdf distribution. In this new scenario, we should have 81 1-page reports, but an error was fired as soon as it came to distribute the 17th report.

After more research in the Community, I read about pdf distribution problems caused by hidden objects. Consequently, as these reports had some tables and charts which were conditionally displayed, I changed the reports in order to always show all the tables and charts. As a result, the reports began to be distributed correctly.

In the end, I have the problem solved, but I still would like your opinion about that solution (having no conditionality for showing objects), as I would expect Qlikview to be able to cope with hidden objects...

Thank you & Best regards,

João Duarte