Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

2 gb QVSYSMONITOR application

How big is too big for a Qvsysmonitor application?

I am trying to open a QVSysMonitor that is over 2 gb in size.  Over a VPN it is painful of course. 

I know the current applications are NOT optimized and there are many redundancies across 100's of applications.  I am sure this is what is causing the size issue.

I want to be able to let the owner of this environment know that the size alone is a good indication of a poorly designed qv environment.  Is this reasonable to assume?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Check to log folders that are being loaded, perhaps alot of old log files that just using up storage space, and do not need to be loaded

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Is that the app that loads server and audit logs? The size may be due to retaining a lot of log data.

Rob

Not applicable
Author

Check to log folders that are being loaded, perhaps alot of old log files that just using up storage space, and do not need to be loaded

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Qvsysmonitor size is NOT good indication of a poorly designed qv environment.

Rather it shows the usage, which means QlikView is heavily used in your environment and hence you have huge logs.

Try by cleaning/ Deleting old log files or configure Qvsysmonitor to read the required logs only.

Hope it help.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Debbie,

I would look at reducing the data that you are collecting. Maybe, do it for 6 months or less to get the size down to something manageable.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately it is not heavily used but they do have a TON of unused applications and a full dev folder on their prod environment, which should not be there as they have a full DEV server with publisher.  I am working on a recommendations list for them to clean up their current environment.  gettign rid of that dev folder will cut it down quite a bit as it is full of years of applications . 

Not applicable
Author

I have asked their admin to look at it.  I cannot open it at all from accesspoint or desktop.  They might need to set up a new one and limit it.  I was hoping to use it to show them performance issues