Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to manage access to distributed document

Hello eveyone,

I've arrived in a new department where I'm currently trying to understand how Qlikview works.

Here is the case :

There is a source document in which there is a field "user" that contains the names (in the windows AD) of the people who must have access to the distributed documents in the access point. (The list of people is originally in an excel file which is imported in the script in a table "user").

From this source document, 6 user documents are created (one for each value of specified field in Reduce Tab > loop and reduce).

The thing is that I can't see where in the Qlikview management Console, we have to specify that the people are the field "user".

Do you have any idea ?

Thank you for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Just in case someone is interested, I've understood how it is done in my company. That's another way.

To give access to each copy : Distribute > Loop field in Document and then choose the field which contains the recipient information.

That's why in my document, there is a table which contains  the field "country" and the field user, so we can know which user has access to which copy.

And when the document is reduced, the selection is done on the country so it remains only the associated users.

Thank you all.

Have a good day

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Laura

It really depends.

The method you specify is loop and distribute that will create 6 separate copies.

Instead I would suggest you to add users here while distributing.

Look at the attached image.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer.

If I do that, can I decide which user will access to each  document ?

For example, can I specify that A will access to copies 1 and 4, and that B will access only to 3rd copy ?

Because, I had the feeling that with your method, a user will always access every copies.

Thanks again

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Laura,

By my method i.e Reload and distribute only it will just create only 1 copy.

Just want to know why you need to split application?

Do you have some data restriction or what?

or you need to hide some tabs or something?

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Because my Source document has data for 6 countries. And I want one copy per country, so one document will  contain the data for only 1 country.

And some people must access data for only the countries of their interest.

That's why I wonder how to manage access when there are several copies ?

Regards

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

In this case I would suggest you to create two tasks.

1) Task 1 to reload and reduce application on field country.

2) Create individual tasks on reduced application to just distribute only task and add the respective user per country application.

Hope it help.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thank you ASHFAQ, I will try that

Have a good day

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Just in case someone is interested, I've understood how it is done in my company. That's another way.

To give access to each copy : Distribute > Loop field in Document and then choose the field which contains the recipient information.

That's why in my document, there is a table which contains  the field "country" and the field user, so we can know which user has access to which copy.

And when the document is reduced, the selection is done on the country so it remains only the associated users.

Thank you all.

Have a good day