Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Do mobile app and Windows Clients use Accesspoint?

I understand Access Point (AP) is a web portal that shares and allows users to view QV files.

My questions are:

1. Is AP only accessible via the browser or mobile app and Windows Clients also use AP? Is AP some sort of API?
  2. Can I access my files in the QV Server without using AP?

Any answer would be deeply appreciated.

Regards,

Tomás

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The Access Point is a web portal accessible via a browser. On the Access Point you can have links to applications on the server, where some links use the Ajax client and other links use the IE PlugIn. Hence you can open files with the windows client using the Access Point.

If you want to open files in the server without using the Access Point, you can do so using QlikView Desktop: File - Open in Server.

HIC

View solution in original post

6 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The Access Point is a web portal accessible via a browser. On the Access Point you can have links to applications on the server, where some links use the Ajax client and other links use the IE PlugIn. Hence you can open files with the windows client using the Access Point.

If you want to open files in the server without using the Access Point, you can do so using QlikView Desktop: File - Open in Server.

HIC

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Yes you can open AP link on your mobile.

Just type the same link in any of your browser.

Note:

QlikView will work on the mobile devices that supports HTML5.

I believe point 2 is answered by HIC.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Great! Thanks a lot

And what about the mobile app? Does it use the access point too? If I open my QV file in the mobile app I know it uses AP, but what about the mobile app for iOS?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Qlikview mobile app is only for IOS, yes you can configure your mobile app to redirect access point.

Whereas androids or any other device does not have any mobile app.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thanks

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Can you close this thread by selecting appropriate answer.

Regards

ASHFAQ