Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Section Access - dual right (ADMIN & USER)

Hi everyone

I recently encountered a problem in section access where for some reason I could not access a document through the access portal but I could access through the client. I understand that document access through the access point is done on USER credentials only so that solves the problem. 

My question is, can you set up section access so my NTNAME can be a USER and and ADMIN? I need to be able to develop the apps in the client but I also need full access to them through the access portal.

I hope that's clear - thanks for any help.

Stu

13 Replies
stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Bill - I (or John Smith in my example) would be both a user and an Admin. I.e. I need to be able to access the doc through the portal and develop it through the client, but if I set myself up as an admin in the section access script it means I can't access it through the portal. I get the error "you do not have access to this document".

Stu

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Let me explain this a little more. The Admin right is used to reload a document and build a document. So, if you look at the below. You would think that USER5 would be able to see all Regions because of the " * ". However, that is incorrect.  Being none of the users are assigned to see OCEANIA, Bob will not be able to see it either he is allow to see "All listed values" not all values of the field. This is a big mistake that people make in the access point. Now if you notice the ADMIN is blank and can see all values in the desktop.

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, REGION

ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN,

USER, USER1, U1, AFRICA

USER, USER2, U2, AMERICA

USER, USER3, U3, ASIA

USER, USER4, U4, EUROPE

USER, USER5, U4, AMERICA

USER, USER5, U5, *

];

Section Application;

SALES:

LOAD * INLINE [

REGION, PROFIT

AFRICA, 1000

AMERICA, 2000

ASIA, 3000

EUROPE, 4000

OCEANIA, 5000

];

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

There is no way to do it that way. You will have to have a test user to test it in the accesspoint.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Bill that answers my question. I require both full Admin through the client and access through the portal. I'm a little surprised that when you set yourself as an Admin user type you can't access through portal but I suppose it kind of makes sense - it's just a little awkward.

I think what I'll have to do is when I'm developing I will change my user type to admin then when I upload the document to the server I will change myself back to being a user.

Thanks for the advice.

Stu