cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can a dropdown be created in QV

Hi All,

I have a requirement as follows.

There are 2 Reports A and the B.When I click on the A report 3 charts (volume,closure and dependency) must be displayed. When I click on B ,B reports should be able to get the records from the B Table(i.e the 3 charts must be changed to B data).

I have left joined the 2 tables A and the B and am getting relevant data. What I am stuck with now is displaying both the A and the B data as in the same dashboard as shown in  below screen shot.

can we implement a drop down as shown below (1.A and 2.B) then once the drop down is created ,when I click on them the respective data must be displayed?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Sounds like you want to conditionally display objects based on what 'Report' you've selected.

ie: Report A might have a couple of pie charts on things about A, Report B might have a bar chart on things to do with B

In the attached I've created a simple table and multibox that allows you to select between report A and B with two text boxes simulating your two separate report objects.

Then using an objects Conditional (Under the objects Properties -> Layout -> Conditional) I've set Text box A to display only when A is selected, Textbox B to display when only B is selected.

This Conditional Hide/Show can be applied to objects or whole sheets, depending on how far you want to go with it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Three ways I can think of:

• Multibox
  • InputBox
  • Straight table (Presentation tab -> Dropdown Select)

I prefer straight table technique. PFA

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the reply Tresesco.

I don't just need the drop down.I want to create drop down and upon selecting the option A from the dropdown,the charts present in the report A must be displayed.then when I click on B from the drop down the charts wrt B Report must be displayed.

Not applicable
Author

May this help you

Regards,

Pradeep

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Sounds like you want to conditionally display objects based on what 'Report' you've selected.

ie: Report A might have a couple of pie charts on things about A, Report B might have a bar chart on things to do with B

In the attached I've created a simple table and multibox that allows you to select between report A and B with two text boxes simulating your two separate report objects.

Then using an objects Conditional (Under the objects Properties -> Layout -> Conditional) I've set Text box A to display only when A is selected, Textbox B to display when only B is selected.

This Conditional Hide/Show can be applied to objects or whole sheets, depending on how far you want to go with it.

Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure that I understand correctly, but I will try to help you .

So you can search for field where is unique for the each table. I don't mean unique key, I mean fields which are only in this tables.

If you don't have unique fields in each table, you can create fields like in the example:

TableA:

Field1, Field2, New Field

.....       .......      0

.....       ........     0 

TableB:

Field3 , Field4. NewField2

......   ,  ......   ,  1

........  , ......  ,   1

Next, create two multiboxes with fields : NewField and NewField2.

You can rename them like Table A and Table B.

When you select Table A  the information on the dashboard will be from Table A, when you select the information on the dashboard will be from Table B

I'm not sure that will work corectly for the left join, but you can try.

Not applicable
Author

HI Rekha

i would use a button or text box to toggle between A and B

create a variable to show or hide the reports and using conditional show in the layout you can achieve what you like. Watch the below you tube for clear explanations http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRBtw7SYD8

Regards

Padma

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Marcus .