Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server failed to set license: QVS@t2: Failed to connect to server Server failed to set license: QVS@t2: Failed to connect to server

hi

I install QlikviewServer,

567.jpg

I set  license, error:

“Server failed to set license: QVS@t2: Failed to connect to server ”

please help me! thanks!

11 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Xiao,

I apologize guys, but I have to disagree, if other services are down that means the issue is something different than applying the license. If the license was the problem maker, we should only see the "warning" label for QVS and the other services should be on "play / running" mode.

Few things to check:

1- Make sure that the service account is part of the Administrators group and Qlikview Administrators.

2- Make sure we you added the service account to those groups, to reboot the machine. Some machines due to group policies, it requires a machine reboot to take effect the rights changes.

3-DNS problem, maybe the server name is causing the issue for each of the services add a new link (ex. QMC>system>select Qlikview server > you going to see on right side a link, on top and green "+" button, that will add a new link, same for the rest of the services) when you add the new link, remove only the server name and add "localhost" ( exe. qvp://<servername>/ to qvp://localhost/ or http://<servername>:4730/DSC/service to http://<localhost>:4730/DSC/service.)

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

The service account has to be a member of the local Administrator Group. This is normally the issue when the DSC and QVWS will not start.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.