Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Empty Request - Can't open AJAX from AccessPoint

I have installed the latest QV Server version on a Win 2008 Server. I have no problems to open the QV Exampel applications with QV Plugin from AccessPoint, but when I am trying to open the same application with Ajax Zero footprint I've got the following error message:

- <result>
<message text="Empty Request" />
</result>
What could be wrong? Do I have have to configurate something in the file below?
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QvWebServer\config.xml
I have tried to reinstall QV Server, but with the same result - I can not open an application with AJAX (or JAVA)

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I think your config is probably fine. I suspect this is a problem with the AJAX URL. Can you please post both of the automatically generated hyperlink values from the AccessPoint (IE Plugin & AJAX)?

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

After a couple of reinstallations of QV Server, it works again.... BUT I have a new problem.

I tried to seperate the Publisher services (QV Publisher Command Center, QV Distribution Service and QV Directory Service Connector) from QV Server and put them on a seperate server.

When I try to connect to "Command Center Service" from QV Enterprise Management Console it can not connect correct. But if I try the address http://server2:4710/qtcc.asmx from Server 1 (QV Server) it works fine. I've got the following message:

<Root>CommandCenterService v 2.0.50727.3603 says, "Hello world. The time is: 2010-02-10 17:00:07.6744723". For wsdl, add ?WSDL at the end of the request. </Root>

What is wrong this time?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You need to define in your config file where the command center is located before you can modify anything in QEMC. Meaning, since your command center is running on Server2, you need to point Server1 to Server2. See page 239 of the QVS Reference Manual for more details. Make sure you make the changes with the relevant QlikView services stopped.

Regards,