Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to drop document from memory manually?

Hi All,

Could anyone suggest how to drop qlikview document from server memory using batch script? I have the requirement to drop existing document from server memory manually before  publishing the refreshed document.

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If i change that settting, that will apply to all the documents. But I want to drop only couple of big qvw files before reloading with new data only.Rest of the time I dont see any problem having them in memory.That is the reason I am looking for some script, where we can specify which document to drop(like batch scrip). Sothat I can schedule that script as external task job before refreshing the qvw document.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My first recommendation would be to move publisher to a separate server. Your server is over committed.

If you can't separate the two, consider lowering the working set limits in the QMC to keep more memory free.

After that, i think Whiteline's idea of replacing the doc with a small dummy could be useful.

-Rob

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

Have you tried to do some tests and profiling? Do you know exactly what operation during reload process consumes so much memory? And do you have the reason to do it in that way?

Not applicable
Author

I got the temporary solution to not to crash the server. I am preloading these large qvw files in specif cluster node( where there is no QDS and QMS installed) instead of all nodes. That way reload server(Where QDS and QMS installed) always have some free space to refresh the document.