Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bug found in QV9 SR2, Please confirm... tree of tasks not showing

I have upgraded from QV9 to QV9 SR2.

I noticed a lot of differences for the better but now I cannot see the entire tree of jobs in my Tasks window. This makes it very difficult when I have to add a task to the end of a chain of 20 distributions from one qvw file. I have to either remember which one is last or look at all 20 tasks. Can anyone replication this? Does anyone know a work around for this? Below is a screen shot of the tree as far as I can go the one after the andy white distribution does have a name and does run but it's impossible to manage.

error loading image

7 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

This is a confirmed bug. It's been fixed by SR3 which is in beta now, soon to be fully released.

Regards,

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If these distributions are not truly dependent on one another, you might consider triggering them in parallel after the reload. Other than some engine waits, I believe there is no conflict with concurrent distribution tasks using the same source document. Vlad, correct me if I'm wrong on that point.

-Rob

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Rob, you're right about that. The only thing to watch out for is having that many jobs starting at once. In theory it shouldn't be a problem, but I'm just afraid that Windows (not QVS) won't like it. Also, just to clarify, the bug I was referring to above was just the tree-view display--shouldn't affect any functionality as far as I know.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This was indeed a bug (I filed the bug report). The SR3 release notes state that this bug is now fixed, but I installed SR3 yesterday and I have to say they not only didn't fix it, they made it worse. Now the tasks display in a single long list. No dependencies are shown in a tree view now. I have once again reported this tech support. On the upside, this is only an issue in IE. Firefox displays the tasks just fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I didn't see it, but Tech Support pointed out that SR3 now has a checkbox in the lower right corner of the tasks window that allows you to turn indenting (tree view) on and off. However, they also confirmed that the bug that prevents more than 10 tasks in tree from displaying is still there.

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately the bug is not fixed; I have submitted it in November 2009!

Best regards
Stefan WALTHER

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Does anyone know if this bug is going to get fixed. We have a rather large Tree that is tough to maintain without being able to view it.

JS