Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jujucts
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Publisher to manage QV versions

Hi

did someone use the publihser to manage QV versions from one environnement (Dev) to another (prod) ?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You would have to setup a reload and distribution task for what you want to do. It would then open the qvw reload it and then distribute it to the server that you have selected.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Can you give more information on what you are asking?

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
jujucts
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Bill

The goal is to reduced gap between development, test and production environments where QV_app.qvw versions can be different.

I was wondering how the publisher could solve this problem using tasks to get qvw from dev to test and from test to production.

Let’s say Production Qv_app.qvw version is v1.0

We need to modify v1.0 to V1.1

So Dev Qv_app.qvw version is v1.1 after modification

It has to be send to Test environment as v1.1 and after UAT to Production environment as v1.1.

Production v1.0 has to be backup in BACKUP V1.0 folder

Do you think it is possible ?

Best regards

Christian

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Yes, this can be done. It would all have to be setup manually. You would publish the doc and select the server you want it to do to.

aaa.png
Bill

jujucts
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you Bill

Something I don’t understand, may be I forgot to mention environments are not on the same machine

There is 1 QVS by machine and the folders tree are the same. Is that enough to set up your solution?

So if I understand well the image, I choose “Manually” server QVS@pro to run qvw from QVS@lab1 (machine 1) and distribute it to QVS@pro (Machine 2)?

Best regards

Christian

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You would have to add all the QVS to the management console that is managing publisher. Then you would just pick the machine.

Bill

jujucts
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

OK but how does it run a qvw from one machine an copy it to another ?

Shall we use external EDX ?

Christian

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You would have to setup a reload and distribution task for what you want to do. It would then open the qvw reload it and then distribute it to the server that you have selected.

Bill

jujucts
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you Bill for your help