Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrybalko
Creator II
Creator II

Butterfly chart example

Hello.

Here is my butterfly chart solution. Max losses and profit values are highlighted. Values on data points are shown when less then 15 dates are selected (see vShownNum variable)

Буфер обмена-2.jpg

I used 2 bar charts and number format hints for losses bar.

Буфер обмена-1.jpg

8 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Maxim,

Example is fine , plz can you explain how it was working ?

Regards,

Helen

Not applicable

Hi Maxim,

This is great.

I am also trying to create Butterfly chart, but not able to do it.

Please see the attached Qvd and suggest what i am doing wrong.

Regards,

manish virmani

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Nice Explanation..

So, i have one small question.

If i have two tables with two date fields.

Is that possible to create Butterfly same as your qvw...

If possible, i will share my qvw so that i need big help from you

- Anil

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
kmstephenson
Creator
Creator

This is awesome!! How did you display Losses as a positive number on the chart data values and pop ups?

mrybalko
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Pay attention to Format Pattern. It is used the same pattern for negative and positive numbers.

# ##0; # ##0

kmstephenson
Creator
Creator

Is it possible to do with a chart where I show percents? I used the following format:

But it doesn't work to use the same format for the left side of the chart because it shows the #s as negative, which I don't want:

kmstephenson
Creator
Creator

Ahhhh, just noticed all I needed was the semicolon and to repeat it! Thank you!!

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am not sure, whether I understand your problem.

Perhaps this, (#,##0); (#,##0)

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)